Monday, October 25, 2010

Demo Day 2.

In the midst of watching the Ravens game, we tackled demo day 2.  The morning started with a quick trip to Home Depot to talk to the plumbing man about taking out the sink and to pick up some plastic drop clothes. 

We emptied all our cabinets onto plastic sheeting on the dining room floor in prep for demo and discovered that most things I have, I use but we do have like 100 cups, mugs, and glasses for 2 people...um can we say Goodwill?  I'm making a trip this week.  We took all the chairs from the dining room up to the extra bedroom upstairs for storage.  The husband says our dining room now looks like an estate sale that I'm so fond of.  Hey, at least this way, we can still access our cooking stuff.  I organized so that the things I think I will still use like the crockpot and grilling supplies are easily reached while the baking supplies are way in the back.




We then tackled more of the cabinets and took out the over the range microwave.

 We also set up our coffee and tea station in the living room so we can still have our drinks.  The little Ikea table is really perfect for this.
This is what the construction zone aka kitchen  looks like now.  We got down a few more cabinets and removed the first layer of vinyl off the floor in prep for sawing the underlayment and the second layer of vinyl floor and underlayment up.  The books suggested removing the top layer of vinyl before sawing so it wouldn't gum up the saw blade.  We would have gotten more done but Sunday is usually a lazy day.


 I'll leave you with the fun shots of the day.  Me doing the what we thought were the last dishes in our old sink but we didn't get it taken out like we planned so lucky me, I get to do more dishes.  And a snap of the Cat lounging while we tore apart his house and used his kitty condo as extra storage.

No comments: