Saturday, February 12, 2011

Lighting ideas update!

I think I'm finalized my lighting ideas.  You can see what we are working with here in a past post.  To replace the large rectangle fluorescent light I'm gonna use this track lighting system.  Its very affordable and gets great reviews. Its the Barometer from Ikea.  I like the modern sleek but classic style and I can direct the 5 lights wherever I want them to go.  Plus during the day, the kitchen gets a ton of natural light.

As for the new chandelier over the dining area, I'm considering several and would love your input.  One option is the Ikea Foto Fendant in the 20" diameter size.  It is only $30 so an affordable option.

Another I'm considering is the Ikea PS Vava Pendant. Its $70 but very fun and I'm drawn to the texture of it.

The Ikea Boja is another one I'm drawn to for the texture and its a handmade shade from bamboo and only $60.  It says it give a warm soft light and gives your home a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Exactly what I'm looking for.  I think this is my favorite so far that I have found.
Oh and I'm for sure getting a new ceiling fan for the family room. I was going to try to reuse the old one but I gave up on that idea. Its just too fug :)

I like the Ikea lighting options for their style but for also the price truthfully.  And I know I get tired of things quickly so I can change our the fixtures relatively easily and inexpensively.  My motto is the spend money on things that are not easily changed like our wood floors and appliances and cabinets (we sprung for one of their most expensive doors but they are 100% wood) and get cheaper accessories like lighting fixtures and knob pulls.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I like the first and last one, the texture on the 2nd looks a little to extreme and I have dusting nightmares looking at it.

Great choices otherwise. :-)

Ashley M said...

Yeah that second one would be a dusting nightmare thanks I didn't think about that!

Margaret said...

I really like how simple and versatile the stainless one is