Thursday, December 16, 2010

In too deep to back out now.

This sums up my current predicament.  I wanted a new ceiling fan for our family room.  The gold brass and white just doesn't really fit our decor. You can see it in the distance in the photo below. I ususally try to cut it out of pics because its so fugly. However, we have to have a flush mount and there isn't really anything that great out there in our price range (cheap-I would have to love it to spend $$). 


So I googled "painting a ceiling fan" because if I replaced the blades with a wood color and could change the metal to a brushed nickel color, the fan would work with the room.  The motor works fine and it does give off a ton of light.  Also the prospect of not having to totally reinstall something right now has an upside. 

I found a blog post on My Repurposed Life where the author did exactly what I'm looking to do. It didn't look to hard. However, this is where I am. In too deep to back out now. Need to figure out how to unscrew the clear soft plastic wire holder togethers. I anticipated the orange/black hard plastic thingies which I know how to deal with.





No comments: