Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Flooring.

Gosh I feel like we've spent weeks deciding about our floors.  We are installing ourselves and I know its gonna be hardwork but we are trying to save $$.  We debated bamboo, laminate, engineered woods and solid hardwood.  We looked at Lumber Liquidators and the Blue and Orange big box stores. We originally wanted a wood product but then got scared with the install and started looking at laminates. 
This one from Lumber Liquidators which I'm so glad we didn't pick. It looks fug looking back at it now but we were swayed by the easy snap in install.


Then we started looking at click in strand bamboo again for its easy install process.
While its nice, I did research on bamboo products and I just wasn't thrilled with some of the chemicals used in the stranding process.  So much for it being a "green" product.

So we ended our journey back where we began.  Hardwood.  We looked at enginneered hardwood but it just felt thin and cheap to me.  Luckily, I found an amazing deal on 3/4" thick solid wood at Orange store.  The Carya Hickory in Natural is only 3.98 a sq. foot in the  3 1/4 " wide strip.  Its a special order product and wouldn't be available until mid January.  But thanks to great customer service, I'm getting the 5" wide planks for the same price and its available immediately.  Amazing!  Some pics from another customer I found online.  She has the 3 1/4 " strip so my wider planks won't be quite as busy looking but we really like it.  Hence, why I'm glad my paint is pretty neutral and I think we are switching furniture around and my white sofa is going in the family room once we are done.
I'm so excited.  The reviews say the quality is really good and very little waste.

No comments: