Thursday, November 11, 2010

What Floor should I pick?

Here is what we are thinking. We know we don't want laminate so either real hardwood or engineerred hardwood.  I found this at our local Home Depot Store.  3/4" thick, 3 1/4" wide plank solid Hickory prefinished hardwood for $3.98 a square foot.  It comes in 2 colors-Natural and Gunstock.  I'm leaning towards the Natural.  The product is cheap but its a Special Buy for HD and it gets good reveiws on their website and from store employees. They say they sell a ton of it and never had complaints. Since the cabinets are darker, I don't want the floors to be dark too and the reddish brown color is hard to match. 

Natural
Floors:  Lighter in person. Not as much brown tone. I'll try to take a pic of my sample tonight.

Gunstock:  No samples available.

And they have a Maple Option: No sample either :(


Cabinets:

No comments: